Ever since we found out our offer was accepted and the inspection went well, I've been packing up all of our stuff.. and we have A LOT of stuff for just two people. Lately our guest room is looking a little something like this:
And our den isn't much better.. I'll spare you those gory details...
In trying to keep the packing (and future unpacking) experience more manageable and organized, I developed a box-labeling system that I hope will help keep me sane when the unpacking begins. Each box as I pack it up is getting a (color-coded) label based on the room it will need to be in in the house..
Under each of the headings I'll list the contents of the box:
One label goes on top of the box.. so the carrier of said box will know what room to unload the box into. Another will go on the front of the box, so when the boxes are stacked I'll still be able to see what's in each one without having to riffle through them all trying to find what I want.
So that's my system.. we'll see how it goes.
You are WAY too organized!!! Could you come and stay at our house for about a week and get us organized???? Love you--mom2
ReplyDeleteCan't believe today is the day! Super excited for y'all! Hope everything goes smoothly!
ReplyDeleteTo go along with your labeling system. Make a sign to tape on the door of each room (like bedroom 2 or bedroom 3) so the movers (I mean friends) will know which is which!
Happy moving! Can't wait to see the new place!